This smoothie combines frozen figs, berries, spinach, flax and protein powder for a quick pick me up breakfast or pre-workout meal.
- 3 frozen (or fresh) figs
- 1/2 c. frozen blueberries
- 1/2 c. frozen cherries
- 1 handful of spinach
- 1 Tbsp. flax seed
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2-1 scoop protein powder (I used plain, but you could experiment with vanilla & omit the extract)
- 3-4 ice cubes
- 1 1/2 c. water (or milk of your choice)
- unsweetened shredded coconut (optional)
- Place all ingredients in blender and process until smoothie consistency.
- Pour into your favorite glass or travel mug.